Thursday, July 16, 2009

For nature lovers - Kent Ridge Park

For nature lovers, I bet you will love this place - Kent Ridge Park. Just a few days ago, I visited this "secluded" park which is located on top of a "mini" hill off South Buona Vista Road.

Kent Ridge Park has one of the best "untouched" forest here in Singapore. This park is also believed to be the last battle ground during the Second World War, so if you are walking in the park, please do not let your imagination run wild.

This park is rather different from other parks that I have visited. Firstly, there were not many visitors to this park especially along the Canopy Walk pathway. Secondly, to visit this park, you need to drive up. Or alternatively, you can choose to access to Kent Ridge Park via Hort Park, both parks are connected.

Okay, before I begin my Kent Ridge Park tour introduction here in my blog. My advise to readers who are planning to visit this park soon, please organise yourself in a group of 3 or more before you head up there, the reason is because it will be too boring to be up there alone. Anyway, for your own safety, I strongly encourage group visit to the park rather than to go there alone.

Here we are, Kent Ridge Park!

The Canopy walk starts now....

I like the canopy walk, reason is because the temperature here is cooler than the temperature outside the forest, the air is very fresh and surrounding is so quiet. I found peace at last!


The canopy walk is rather short as compared to other parks that I have visited.


Read this notice if you have the intention to become a volunteer. Sounds interesting right? Wondering what will the volunteers do? Dig soils? Or plant trees?



Different types of fruits that can be found in our typical forest.


Look at the stairs, they are so unique. Who is the creator of this?


The direction to the pond. Did not know that there was a pond in Kent Ridge Park until my last visit. OMG! I have visited this park so many times before!


The big pond is at the background of this photo. Anyway, if you feel the weather is too hot and you have the intention to take a dip in this pond, please think twice first! How deep is this pond? Nobody knows.... And how clean is the water? I guess you have to take a look at it.


Oh yes, no fishing in the pond too! Hope that you will have an enjoyable trip in this "untouched" park.

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005