Sunday, May 31, 2009

My ten days in Japan (Day 5 morning)

We took JR train to Tennoji station to change to Yamatoji line, this train brought us to JR Nara Station. The journey from Tennoji station to JR Nara station was about 30min. Throughout the journey, I was completed knocked out, guess I was too tired from yesterday trip to Miyajima and Hiroshima.


Luckily, I woke up just 2 stations ahead of Nara station, I could not imagine what would happen if we were to miss the station. Anyway, my friends who were with me were exhausted too. They were sleeping, and I had to wake them up before we alighted at Nara station.

The first thing I noticed in Nara was the buildings, the buildings have their own unique looks and they are different from other part of Japan.




From the Nara Station, we walked for 20min before we reached our first stop; a Three-story pagoda at Sanjodori Street.

Just a stone's throw away from Three-story pagoda is the Kofukuji-Temple. Before you enter the temple, this is the place for you to clean yourself.


Kofukuji-Temple.



Nara is famous for deers, you can see alot of deers roaming around in Nara. Strangely, the deers here in Nara seemed to be well-behaved than those deers I saw in Miyajima.

In Nara, you can purchase 150Yen deer biscults to feed those deers! And the interesting thing is I saw deers bowing at people, as if like they know how to ask for food, very interesting sighting!
After Kofukuji-Temple, we walked for another 15min to Todaiji Temple. Todaiji Temple is well known for its Big Buddha.

The history of Todaiji Temple is dated to 752. But unfortunately, the temple was destroyed by fire twice. The present temple is a rebuilt temple and was completed in 1709.
This main gate is known as Great South Gate! Good facing I suppose.
Todaiji Temple. What do you think of the exterior?
What do you think of the building exterior?

It costs 500 yen per person to enter to the temple. The Big Buddha inside the temple. Is huge!

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005