Sunday, February 24, 2008

To create more yang qi

Do you prefer to live in a bigger house? Or do you prefer to live in a smaller house? I prefer the former.

During my 2 year stay in Australia, I stayed in a double storey house, it was a semi-detached house, which I shared with two other housemates. The house consisted of a living room, dining room, kitchen and car garage on the ground floor, at the back of the house was a BBQ pit and a small garden while the upper floor consisted of 3 bedrooms.

Based on the description given, you can imagine how big the house was. Yes, it was indeed a big house. Back then, we did have not much furnitures in the house, it was rather empty, thus the house looked even bigger!

When my housemates were not in, I could feel that the house was rather quiet and empty. Any slight movement could easily generate a loud sound. And I cannot deny that at times, that could lead one's imagination to run wild.

If you are living in such a big house and the number of occupiers are not many, once in a while, you should invite some friends to go over to your place. By having house warming and occasionally party in your house, you can create more yang qi in the house. A big house has only one or two occupiers will not balance the qi in the house, therefore is strongly recommended that you should have some parties.

Thanks goodness, my housemates and I used to have a lot of pot luck sessions with our friends. I could even remember clearly the day that we had BBQ in our house, it was a memorable one.

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005