Sunday, November 18, 2007

A trip to Muar and Johor

This morning, I travelled up to Muar (Malaysia) to see some of the sites there. It was about 2hours drive from JB. That was something new for me as I have never been to Muar before.

To be frank with you, I was rather excited to go all there, to see the sites there and at the same time to experience kumpong lifestyle. The village that I visited in Muar was rather quiet, it was just like Kukup without tourists and the sea. Other than that, they look the same to me. Before my friends and I left Muar, we had our lunch there. It was a simple lunch in one of the villages' restaurants, but it was a nice meal.

While we were on the way back to Singapore, we decided to visit one of the showrooms in JB before heading back to Singapore.

This showroom has a South facing orientation, "That is good facing!", I told myself. But a closer look at their door entrance, I saw this block of walkway is tilted. Making the whole cemented walkway was sunken in front.

About 8 inch away from the glass door, was a cracked line that divided the tilted block and the rest of cement floor inside the showroom. Was this done deliberately? So that rainwater can flow down to the driveway? Or soil movement in the vicinity has caused the whole walkway to tilt?
If you were to look closer at the photo, you could see the front portion has different floor tiles as compared to the remaining tiles.

The tilted walkway made me feel that I was not balanced. Like going to roll down at anytime.

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005