Monday, May 28, 2007

Fengshui audits. Is fengshui purely superstition?

Last Saturday, I did 2 fengshui audits for 2 friends. One residential and one commerical, which is an office space cum show room.

My first fengshui audit which I did was a residential unit. My friend who just got this new resale flat which is located in the northern part of Singapore, is about less than 10min drive to causeway. It is a pretty young estate and the flat is just only 8-year-old. But my friend is already the 3rd owner of this flat. This is fast, I thought.

As usual, I would take my luopan (compass) to check for compass reading at the foot of the block first before I proceed to the unit. The reading I took at the foot of the block was fluctuating, that was a bit unusual but this could be due to several factors which I will not elaborate it here.

It was still fluctuating, when I measured the reading outside her unit and inside the house. The structure of this block must have designed in such a way that has many metal supports underneath, I guess.

With so many different sets of readings, it requires someone who is experienced to pinpoint which reading to use. There are various methods to counter check, whether the reading that is going to be used is correct or not. One of the methods, is to verify with the owner on the past events. But in this case, I could not do so as the 2nd owner of that flat has already moved out a few months back. Nevertheless, I used another method to pinpoint the correct reading to be used.

Normally, in my own view, when a house has too many readings, the fengshui of the house is discounted. I would not grade it as good fengshui. The reason is very simple, the fengshui of the house changes as much as the readings shown in the luopan (compass). So is this reason which also contributed to fact that this flat has so many owners within such a short span of time?

The second fengshui audit which I did, is located in one of the oldest industrial estates here in Singapore. This industrial estate is believed to have more than 20 years of history. Our CTE is just next to the industrial estate, and just a stone's throw away from the industrial estate is the golf driving range.

Is a nice quiet place on a late saturday afternoon, not many people around. Most of the workers in the building would have been already knock off from work. That building which I was about to do fengshui audit has a North-South facing orientiation. And the office space is located at the 5th level in the building.

I went up with my friend and her business partner. Both of them had just signed the lease agreement with the landlord the day before. And currently the office space is occupied by some chemical supplier business. The purpose of having me there is to advise them which is the best position for them to place their show room.

Standing outside the office main door, I looked out from there, I noted a building with a sharp roof located on my left side. Not far behind the building is a temple. And I looked at my hand-held PDA that was showing the Flying Star Chart (Fengshui Chart). After a few moments, I told my friend and her business partner this, not too good for bosses to be located in this office. Health would be an issue.

My friend then replied, the present business owner has passed away and his wife took over the business. The wife has depression after taking over the business, and that explains why she wanted to give up this office space.

Both my friend and her partner wanted me to solve this fengshui problem. I told them that was not difficult to solve that problem but however there is no 100% proof safe that health problem will not exist.

I could sense that my friend's partner was not happy after hearing my comments on the office fengshui. He asked," If a person who has good luck cycle, he shouldn't afraid of any inferior fengshui?" I disagreed with him, I quoted him an example, if a person who is believed to have good luck cycle, if he has to work under a moving crane that carries goods everyday. "Can you guarantee that nothing will drop off from the moving crane and hit the man working under the moving crane?", I asked him back.

Therefore, having a good fengshui is important. If the man who is believed to have good luck cycle and if he continues to work under a moving crane which has an inferior fengshui envirnoment, one of these days he may get himself injuried from any dropping objects.

The point that I want to stress is, fengshui is not superstition, fengshui is science that using logical and rational explaination.

No comments:


Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005

Fengshui Audit in Adelaide 2005